Wednesday 22 October 2014

This video and the mapping exercise carried out in class has really surprised me, it has made me realize that a lot of the things I had been taught over the years, was not accurate and we students have been greatly mislead. I always thought that the maps I have used in Geography were very accurate, and I had been doing map work accurately and precisely. But now these activities have enlightened me that a lot of these maps are heavily biased based on preference, imperialism, etcetera. Normally humans accept what we are taught and told, without questioning whether or not it is false, true, real or an illusion. We see or believe what we want to see, and believe whether or not it may be so. Ms. C.J. Craig in the video asks where she is after she has been enlightened, and now I also ask, where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment